Thursday, May 25, 2017

End Of The Year Reflection:

            My junior year in E-comm was my best and my most favorite class I’ve had. I got to do a lot of things that I wanted to do. I was able to focus on being a sports reporter and broadcasting games.
 Technology: 
Editing was issue for me at the beginning of the year I struggled with jump cuts and I didn’t know how to completely do everything. I still don’t know how to completely do final cut pro but I was able to find out and do a lot. I feel like my editing skills got better and I don’t have as much jump cuts and my work got better. https://youtu.be/6z8oq2cqzPo Cooper and I put together a pretty solid final that had a beginning, middle, and end.
Collaboration:
I was able to really work with any one and I like everyone in the class. I really enjoyed broadcasting and I enjoyed everyone I got to work with on the headset and on set. My favorite person to anchor with is my brother and my favorite person to broadcast with is Roan. One of the best games I felt I called was the regional championship when the boys took on SMS and won sub-state and advanced to the state tournament.
Communication:
Communication needs to be worked on by me and everyone else. There were times where people thought they weren’t supposed to cover things and they were. It’s all a learning process and something we all need to work out and accomplish and improve as seniors so we can build and prosper next year and for years to come.
Project Management:
I felt pretty good about this. It’s important to have your stuff done and on the drive. When your done you can just relax and hangout with the people in the class.
Leadership:
I just like to lead and be in charge and have a large responsibility. I got burned out the last few weeks of school.
Strengths/Weakness:
Some of my strengths are editing, my voice, being on the mic. I really like calling games and I hope I can turn that hobby into a profession when I’m older. But I need to work on my on camera talking even though I have a lot of confidence. A weakness is making sure the audio levels are good and steady shots since I don’t use a tripod.

            I’m going to have a positive attitude next year about all sports assignments even though I won’t cover any girl’s sports besides volleyball and soccer. I’m not doing anything not a power 3 sport.  
            I’m going to work on becoming a better editor and story teller.
            I would change just how people don’t work. I think it’s wrong we have a 24 hour turn around on games, but convergence gets to take 2 weeks and their awful stories except a few.


            I had a great year and I look forward to my senior year of E-comm and having not one not two but three hours of E-comm next year. Thanks for letting me what I wanted to this year. I really enjoyed just calling game and doing sports stories. I hope to grow on that and really establish my voice next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment