Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Finals Reflection


This year in graphic design class I have learned to use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. I have to be honest using the software is hard for me I don’t really understand any of. That is why I decided to do video next year. But using adobe illustrator got easier for me as the school year went on I started learning how to use it, and maybe if I would of watched more YouTube tutorials or just tutorials or even use adobe help I would of understood it sooner.
         
   I learned from asking people around me. I really never understood when my teacher was teaching it. I just didn’t understand the technical language she was speaking, but I want to say I wasn’t the only confused but I think I was so that means it wasn’t her it was me,
       
     This class was important to me for one reason I learned how to make business cards. I will always be able to brand my self. I hope the few things I learned in here could be beneficial for the future. My favorite project of the year was the poster project we made. I made a Rocky poster.

            My greatest strengths in this class were communication, time management, and portfolio. My weaknesses had everything to do with the programming. There were a lot of times in this class that I had no idea what I was doing and when I asked for help all I was told was to use adobe help or look up a tutorial and that doesn’t work for me but I was still told that. I can recall one project where we were in Photoshop and I was told “have you gone to adobe help or a tutorial” and the answer was no but I said yes because my weakness is learning that way I’m a hands on learner.

            How have I improved? Well I don’t really know if I have improved. Even when I didn’t understand it I would have my neighbors walk me through it basically so I always got it done. Now I cam semi do projects on my own without using them so much but I still use them for help.

            What am I going to do with what I’ve learned? I truly don’t know what I learned but I will take what I know from adobe and Photoshop and used that my advantage.

            When it comes to something I would of wanted to be different is the way I was taught. I really wanted to be a graphic designer and do lettering for a sports company, but after I was taught the way I was I really don’t want anything to do with graphic design. Being a graphic designer wasn’t just meant to be either though. It was a very good experience for me at all. But just because I wasn’t taught in the way I wish I were. We still had a pretty cool teacher and that meant more then a technical teacher.


            I hope next year in video I excel and that and that can help build for the future. I really want to find a passion that goes along with my passion now. I hope to add a new skill to my self to make me better. Next year I will be in the SID strand of E-COMM.

No comments:

Post a Comment